Thursday, May 26, 2011

Long Week...

Need I say more?  :)  Don't be fooled, you know I will!  Haha! 

But, really... It's been a VERY long week.  I think it's  carrying over from last week, but that's besides the point!  Anyway...  I whined about my situation with my principal.  I still feel it's crappy, but I can't change the things that were said. 

Wanna hear what is currently compounding it?  I spoke with a union rep, and they talked with HR.  Apparetly the head of HR was very disturbed to hear of what had been said.  She talked with a couple other "higher ups" and told of the situation.  One of which was the superintendant.  Apparently I wasn't the only one to be upset about things that were said to me.  Now I have to have a meeting at the district office.  I assume they want a first hand account of what was said.  (I hope that's all it is.)  At least I know they are on my side and not calling me in to say I'm fired!  :)

But, I fear the damage has been compounded.  Not only has the principal expressed his lack of satisfaction with me.  Now people above his head know of the situation, and don't approve of what was said.  Even if it's only briefly mentioned, who's going to take the blame here?  Yep.  That's me.  It'll be all my fault for all of this.  And I still have to work with the same guy next year.  I sincerely fear he will make my life a living....  (insert creative word of your choosing) Ick.  Did I mention I hate this and it's driving me crazy?  :(  Boo!

Would you like to know another tidbit that has made my week?  Forrest was supposed to have treatment Tues.  Yep.  Supposed to.  That accurately implies he did not have treatment.  Anyway, I was able to talk with one of the nurses to find out Forrest's CEA.  Last time it was 146.  Now, it's 290.  Low blow.  Sucks the wind right outta my sails.  Eh.  Who am I kidding?  I didn't have any wind in my sails.  That's been gone for quite a while now.  But, I still don't have to like it, right?  Cancer freakin' sucks.

So, after talking with Forrest, he mentioned that he might do a treatment or two of the full blown chemo.  See if he can knock his numbers down.  He'd do this over the summer.  Is it bad that I'm heartbroken at the thought?  I really don't want Forrest to be sick over summer.  He thinks he can suck it up and do 2 treatments and it'll all be fine.  No big deal.  But, he forgets how sick he gets.  It starts immediately and lingers forever.  Forrest is sick on the pill based form of chemo.  Full blown chemo?  He'll be wiped out.  For weeks...  :(  I really do prefer the summer where Forrest is able to go to the pool, go fishing, go to ball games, play on the diamonds with the kids, etc.  I love that summer is happy memories and positive thoughts rather than sickness.  I was really looking forward to a break.  How selfish of me...  :(  I need to work on better supporting my hubby.  :(

Okay, I need to stop whining for the night.  It'll all work out.  I need to let go and stop worrying about some of this.  I can't make changes.  Worrying won't help anything.  In fact, it only makes things worse.  My stress levels are through the roof.  My head is splitting and muscles are dying from so much tension.  So, I'll do my best to let go!  :)

Have a great night!!
~Julie

1 comment:

  1. Cancer does Freakin suck!! And don't worry too much about the meeting; just remember they are on your side and what he said was wrong. Maybe he won't talk down to you next year, that would not be a bad thing. :-)

    Take care Julie and you and your family are in my thoughts!!

    Eric

    ReplyDelete