Friday, June 24, 2011

It's been a while...

It's been a while since I've journaled. :( When things are craziest, I retreat, I think. I always say I'm struggling to keep my head above water. When things get crazy, I'm under water and in survival mode. Now don't be fooled. Survival mode is anything but grand! In fact, I think I do a terrible job in survival mode. I drop all the balls I'm juggling in everyday life.
So, let's rewind a few days... Sunday, I dropped my daughter off on the campus of UW - Madison. (Insert scream here!) She's at an engineering camp. (Go Jess!) I'm proud that she wanted to do this and went after it ~ filling out apps, getting teacher recommendations, and applying for scholarships. But my 13 year old baby is in Madison for a week! Alone! Aaaahhhh! I comfort myself by saying she's having a blast. She now says she's going to be a biomedical engineer when she grows up. :) Can't wait to pick her up Sat. morning!!
Sunday night my 5 year old started feeling icky. Starting at midnight, until almost 5am, he threw up every half hour. :( Major frowny face! The poor guy was so wiped out, I had to hold his head up so he could puke in a bowl before I could carry him to the bathroom. He's finally feeling better, only a few complaints from time to time. And, I think the complaints are for sympathy so he can play video games.
So Monday morning, I crawled to summer school. Good thing I only teach 3 hours a day! Besides that, it's scrapbooking. The kids who signed up want to be here. Classes are nice! :) Monday was cool and raining, so a day of movies, video games and pajamas wa perfect for the boys! Especially considering my 9 yer old was also not feeling well now. His upset stomach came out the other end and he was running a fever. Monday night he was very hot and I couldn't get it down. The poor boy was shaking under the covers. It finally broke about 11:30pm after alternating Tylenol and Advil every two hours.
Luke and Ben both laid low Tuesday. Games were rained out, again, so there was no worry about the boys were feeling well enough to play! I ended up crashing... Trying to catch up on a bit of sleep as well!
Wed the boys seemed to be better. Luke had a game Wed evening. He played third and then had a sweet hit to the fence! He ran onto the field to pitch, when the skies opened up and started to pour. After about 10 minutes, with mo end in sight, the games were called. :( The boys changed to dry, toasty pajamas and were asleep a bit later. This is when Fo admitted he's having chest pain. He's had this before. It's a sharp, piercing pain in his chest. It hurts to breathe. Causes agony to cough or sneeze. Of course, he coughed all night.
You know things are really getting crappy when Fo asks me to make an appt to see the oncologist. Fo HATES the oncologist! He avoids it all costs! But, he's been having stomach issues as well. With the chest pain back now, he is concerned and wants to get in. I think that worries me more than anything. Fo has a pretty good read on his body. If he's worried, something must be going on, and I doubt it's good. :(
Forrest spent the day Thursday throwing up. But his appointment is scheduled for Monday. No games to worry about, so we all laid low. At least it was cold and rainy out, so we don't feel bad hanging out in the house! (Will summer ever get here??) Finally things slowed down Thursday night. Hopefully Forrest is better today! We all need to be healthy to go to Madison and get Jess! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment